Attorneys For Divorce And Dissolution In Ohio
Many divorce lawyers forget their clients are real people who are most likely completely unprepared for the dramatic changes ahead. At Villarreal Law Firm, LLC, our goal is not only to guide you through the legal steps of divorce, but to get you back on their feet, and moving in a new positive direction. We provide the highest level of legal care because we actually care.
In Ohio, you can end your marriage in one of two ways: through dissolution or divorce. Both resolve the same issues: how you and your spouse will divide marital assets and debt, and how you will co-parent your children. However, divorce and dissolution take vastly different approaches.
- In dissolution, you and your spouse will end your marriage by agreement. After negotiating and signing an agreement, you will make an appearance before a judge, who will dissolve your marriage. The process takes approximately 45 days after filing the agreed documents.
- In divorce, you or your partner files a lawsuit and serve papers on the other. The process then proceeds by the process of litigation, with discovery, subpoenas and court orders. Divorce can be as difficult as one of the partner wants to make it. In the end your marriage will be dissolved.
Dissolution is faster, less costly and easier than divorce. It is also less adversarial. However, the disadvantage to dissolution is that it does not provide a way to subpoena information from the other side. If your spouse hides marital assets or money, dissolution will not provide you with a way to find those assets and achieve an equitable distribution.
Our lawyers will help you choose the most appropriate form of divorce for your circumstances. We will also help you resolve issues such as:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Division of marital property
- Protection of separate property
- Domestic violence and protection orders
To protect your interests in divorce or dissolution, it’s important to get timely advice from an attorney who is willing to fight for you if necessary.
Fresh Start package: Many times, our divorce or dissolution clients need help moving on with their lives. Our law firm offers a Fresh Start package, which incorporates a three-month (for dissolution) or six-month (for divorce) personal trainer, who will report back to Anna Villarreal, who is a chiropractor and an attorney.
Talk To A Lawyer About Divorce And Dissolution
We provide divorce help when you need it. During lunch and after business hours, we forward calls to Anna Villarreal‘s cellphone. To talk to a lawyer about divorce or dissolution, call 740-772-4466 for a consultation or complete our contact form.
Now Offering Personalized Dissolution and Divorce Packages
As a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic as well as your Attorney, we care about helping you start your new life and strive to make the transition as painless as possible. You now have the option to choose from several packages that include personal trainers to jump-start you in the direction of your new life.
You deserve this. It’s never too late to live happily ever after.